DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
Electronics industry might see a boom by 2020, demand of ECE students are increasing. Demand for high quality ECE scientists will increase several folds.
What are the salary prospects?
However, according to payscale.com the average annual salary of these professional includes Rs. 312,408 per year. Electronics students with skills in robotics, automation technologies, renewable energies, Internet of Things (IoT), mechatronics engineering concepts add more value to their average pay scale.The aim of students pursuing electronics engineering is to get a highly paid job, so improving skill sets will definitely impact their pay scale a lot.
What are the major technologies in which an ECE engineer can work on?
- Analog and Radio Frequency Circuits:
- Communication & Signal Processing:
- Computer & Digital Systems:
- Computer vision & Image processing:
- Control systems & Robotics:
- Remote Sensing:
- Sustainable Energy & Power systems:
Skills that an ECE student needs to develop to improve job prospects
- Computer proficiency is a must these days; try to get acquainted with some of the industrial grade software’s.
- Develop your communication and interpersonal skills
- Develop more practical skills and get hands-on experience on theoretical concepts
- Get exposed to current industrial methodologies as much as possible
- Stay updated with the latest technologies by developing projects on them
- Do additional certified training programs to build your profile
- Take additional responsibilities in your college to showcase your managerial skills
- Develop your leadership and team working abilities