The Language Lab
The language lab is an audio or audio-visual installation used as an aid in English language teaching.
Language Lab is a network based teaching software designed to improve teaching environment in the computer labs
Each student has his/her own console with a headset, so that they can get trained in proper pronunciation, listening, reading, writing & speaking, comfortably on their own
- Spoken Tutorial Project of IIT Bombay is an initiative of the ‘Talk to a Teacher’ activity of the National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Launched by the Ministry of Human Resources and Development (MHRD), Government of India
- It’s aim is to promote IT literacy through Open Source Software
- PRSCET is a Resource Centre for the Spoken Tutorial Project
- The Spoken Tutorial Project is about teaching and learning a particular FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) like Linux, Scilab, LaTeX, PHP & MySQL, Java, C/C++, LibreOffice etc. via. an easy Video tool – Spoken Tutorials
We now have well equipped Robotics & IOT Lab at our college for students to practically realize their new ideas. Faculties of Robotics & IOT Club are trained under e-yantra project by IIT Bombay. Our Faculty team secured CLASS B awards in Task Based Training(TBT) on robotics which was conducted by e-yantra ,IIT Bombay. Our Robotics & IOT Club secured Merit Awards for the successful implementation of “Plant Growth Monitoring Robot” and listed among the top 4 colleges all over India.
- The Department of Computer Science and Engineering maintains an Online Digital Library
- It is a special library with a focused collection of digital objects that can include text, visual, audio, and video materials, stored as electronic media formats
- Notes and study materials of all engineering subjects are provided by respective teachers to the students
- Digital Library maintained at PRSCET can be accessed by all students and faculty members at anytime from anywhere.
The Department has four full fledged and fully equipped computer labs (Lab-A, Lab-B, Lab-C and Lab-D) with all kinds of Software platforms for engineering education. These labs are run under the keen control of teaching staff and technical staff. The lab-in-charge of the labs are fully responsible for the smooth running of the labs.
These labs with 30 systems can be run on both LINUX and Windows Operating Systems. Data base package used is Oracle.
- Electronic Circuits Lab
- Digital Electronics Lab
- Microprocessor Lab
- Computer Hardware and Interfacing Lab
A Central Computing Facility (CCF) has been set up to cater to the needs of the students of all branches. This facility provides the students with high speed dedicated internet connectivity. The Final year B.Tech Project Work is done in this Facility.
The Department library serves the academic and research needs of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering by providing textbooks, project reports, and other scholarly materials to faculty, students in the field of Computer Science and Engineering. The Department maintains its primary aim is to support the students of the department for education.. Besides books, the library possesses B-Tech project reports, lab manuals, Question papers, CD-ROMs, Course Files etc