About the Department
The Language Lab
The language lab is an audio or audio-visual installation used as an aid in English language teaching.
Language Lab is a network based teaching software designed to improve teaching environment in the computer labs
Each student has his/her own console with a headset, so that they can get trained in proper pronunciation, listening, reading, writing & speaking, comfortably on their own
- Spoken Tutorial Project of IIT Bombay is an initiative of the ‘Talk to a Teacher’ activity of the National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Launched by the Ministry of Human Resources and Development (MHRD), Government of India
- It’s aim is to promote IT literacy through Open Source Software
- PRSCET is a Resource Centre for the Spoken Tutorial Project
- The Spoken Tutorial Project is about teaching and learning a particular FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) like Linux, Scilab, LaTeX, PHP & MySQL, Java, C/C++, LibreOffice etc. via. an easy Video tool – Spoken Tutorials
- The Department of Computer Science and Engineering maintains an Online Digital Library
- It is a special library with a focused collection of digital objects that can include text, visual, audio, and video materials, stored as electronic media formats
- Notes and study materials of all engineering subjects are provided by respective teachers to the students
- Digital Library maintained at PRSCET can be accessed by all students and faculty members at anytime from anywhere.
Department of Computer Science encourages students to think out of box. We also help them in developing innovative ideas and assist them in putting the ideas into real time products. Departmental assistance as well as Industry level assistance is being provided for the students in such projects
LIST of Innovative projects by final year students
- Third-Eye: An Application for the visually challenged people
Youtube link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYOSpkGbFKc
- Maivey: Backtracking and Road Anomaly Detecting android app
- A layered encryption for networked critical Infrastructures
- Home Automation Control: A remote control mobile application for electrical devices using GSM/WiFi
- TRAPP: An innovative mobile application for traffic identification
- Medicare: A mobile application for assisting medical treatment.
- E-LOCK: An innovative mobile application for women’s safety using advance methods.
Entrepreneurship development cell
We have started an Entrepreneurship development cell, and a student startup activity in software sector. This startup activity is coordinated by Mr. Anoop T. M. under the guidance of Mr. Sreenath Sasikumar, Cyber Security Consultant and Deputy Commander, Kerala Police Cyberdome. The startup cell has 6 different teams and planning for 4 Company registrations. Product development was completed and it was launched on 30th March 2017.
MR. Sreenath Sasikumar
Cyber Security Consultant
and Deputy Commander,
Kerala Police Cyberdome
Study on Technology Advancements
The Department has a team of highly trained and experienced teachers. They are specialized in different areas of Computer Science : Artificial Intelligence, Parallel Processing, Software Engineering, Image Processing, Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition, Mobile Computing, Network Security, Data Mining and Web Mining, Bio-metrics and Semantic Web.
The department conducts seminars and webinars in every week based on the recent researches in Computer Science so as to enable awareness among students about the advancements in the technology.
- Our student, Vishnuprasad, in S6 Computer science and Engineering has reported a security issue in google’s admin page as part of Google’s Vulnerability Reward Program. Google honored him by listing his name in Google Hall of Fame. He has also been rewarded with a bounty of 13337 dollars. He has been listed in the Hall of fame in Google, AT&T and many more. He is now one among the top researchers in Google VRP 2017.
- IDEATHON March 2017 – is conducted by Kerala Startup Mission and Ernst & Young Innovation Center in Kinfra Film and Video Park, Kazhakoottam. Following students have won 1st prize (Cash Prize of 25000/-) at the competition
Sandeep (CSE), Sanu Mohan (CSE), Ranadeep (CSE), Anand A S (CSE)
- Following students from S4 CSE 2017 have won 2nd Prize for the Inter College Web designing Competition YAGNADRUVA March 2017 at LBS Institute of Technology for Women, Poojappura
- Vishnu Prasad (CSE), Jineeb (CSE)
- Students from S4 CSE 2017 have also actively participated in the 2 day Hackathon , HACK2HELP conducted by Kerala Startup Mission at Kerala Innovation Center, Kalamassery, Ernakulam.